Friday, February 19, 2010

FemGeek reviews The Good Guy

"The movie was cute."
That's the line I kept using all night whenever anyone asked what I thought about the movie at the after party. That's the best I can do. There's nothing special about this movie.
That's the same way I feel about the characters and the actors who play them. It's impossible to take Alexis Bledel seriously as a mid-twenties manhattanite. She still looks like the fifteen year old on the Gilmore Girls. She might be able to get away with playing a college student, possibly a recent college grad, but an established twenty-something with enough job experience to be asked to head a major not-for-profit in San Francisco is just not viable for her.
The guy in her life ends up perpetuating the major Wall Street dirt bag stereotype of a major player juggling multiple women at once and lying to them all completely and without remorse.
The good guy ends up not being able to make it on Wall Street simply because he isn't that douche bag they are trying to turn him into.
There's a little surprise in the end, which I don't want to call a twist because it doesn't qualify, but is pretty good nonetheless. There are a few good laugh out loud moments.
Overall, I would recommend waiting for the DVD on this one, it'll be there quickly, I'm sure. And please don't drag the boyfriend there with you for this. You should pick your battles wisely and this should not be one of them.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment