Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sorry, but I have been busy...

Okay, so it has been quite a long time since my last post, but I have a good excuse. Really.

I have been very hard at work at not one, but three different jobs!

My day job at Macy's is great. I have been rocking the Women's Shoes size world and have been promoted offered a promotion to the Inventory Management team! Very exciting. I will be managing a whole team of bright, shiny Assistant and Associate Inventory Planners. This is nerve-wracking and terrifying, because I don't want to scare them away from Macy's, but I think I'll be a good manager.

My wedding and event planning business is another of my projects. NEW DAWN Wedding and Event Productions is in full swing, in my mind at least. I have been planning New York's first ever bridal shopping party.
The event is called Everything But the Dress. Pretty clever, huh?
It has been quite the undertaking and my first attempt did not work out. So I postponed the event from November until April and it was the best decision I could have made. The response has been really great. I have a lot of interest and a lot more time to plan and get everything together. I have along ways to go and still need sponsors and a liquor vendor, but I'm trying to be optimistic.
A friend created the awesome logo and graphics on the event website and I now have some marketing help so I think the event has the makings of being a success.
Check out the website if you get a chance, www.EBDbynewdawn.com

Finally, I was hired as the New York Event Director for RAW:natural born artists.
It's an amazing independent arts organization that expanding across the country to 22 cities in February.
I had an awesome trip to Southern California in September for a training. I also got to see one of their showcases in action, and it was incredible. A glass blower, fire dancers, fantastic artists, a film, a band all set at a beautiful outdoor in a chic boutique hotel.
I have to say, I'm terrified. What if I suck and screw this up! I have been working really hard to make sure I don't.
I've put together a good staff and found a great host.
We have been having problems securing a venue, but I think I found a great one tonight. I just hope the pricing isn't outrageous. The arts isn't a money making machine.

So that has been my very busy life recently. Moving on towards the holiday season and the New Year should only make my free time dwindle even further.
But I'm loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment